Barker and Hunter Law Offices
Our office has decades of experience in criminal law. We handle cases from the smallest misdemeanors to the most serious felonies, including assault/battery, DUI and other alcohol-related offenses, juvenile charges, drug charges, and theft.
Chapter 7 is the liquidation type of bankruptcy. If you qualify for a Chapter 7, we can help you liquidate many of your debts and guide you through the bankruptcy exemptions. Usually a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy only lasts a matter of months.
Under Chapter 13, debts are reorganized and partially repaid over the course of a three or five year plan. A monthly payment is made to the trustee based on the debtor's monthly disposable income.
- Business Law
- Criminal Law
- Controlled substances
- Domestic violence
- Child custody
- Powers of Attorney
- General civil practice
- Real Estate
- Supreme Court of the State of Idaho, 1971
- U.S. Military Court of Appeals, 1972
- U.S. Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, 1981
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1982
University of Idaho, J.D., 1971
University of Idaho, B.S. in Economics, 1968
Raft River High School, Malta, Idaho, 1964
D. Ray Barker was raised in Elba, Idaho and has been practicing law in Moscow, Idaho since 1978. He has a general law practice in which he has represented clients in many different areas of the law, while specializing in criminal defense and bankruptcy law. Ray has been a defense counsel in eight murder cases including one while serving in the United States Marine Corps and one in federal court. Ray served in the U.S. Marine corps from 1972 to 1978 and worked on bases in Virginia; Okinawa, Japan; and California, where he primarily performed duties as a defense counsel as a special and general courts- martial. Ray was married to his wife, Sara, who passed away in 2008. His the father of two sons and has two grandchildren. In his free time Ray loves to hunt, fish, and enjoy the great outdoors. Ray has been a member of the Moscow Central Lions Club since 1984.
Experience and Awards:
1. Six years as an attorney in special and general courts-martial in the United States Marine Corps
2. Thirty-six years as an attorney in the general practice of law in Moscow, Idaho
3. Twenty-seven years doing federal criminal defense work on a per appointment basis
4. Thirty-three years doing criminal defense work in Latah County, Idaho on an appointment basis
5. Nine years as the Latah County Conflicts Public Defender
6. Past president of the Commercial Law and Bankruptcy Section of the Idaho State Bar
7. Recipient of the Professionalism Award presented by the Commercial Law and Bankruptcy Section of the Idaho State Bar
8. Moscow High School Booster of the year in school year 2003-2004
- Idaho, 2014
- U.S. District Court, District of Idaho, 2014
- Washington, 2015
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Washington, 2015
- University of Idaho, J.D., 2014
- Brigham Young University, B.S. in Psychology, 2008
- Capital High School, 2002
Andrea was born and raised in Boise, Idaho. She now lives in Moscow, Idaho, with her husband, Tobias Sauer. She has been licensed to practice since 2014, but has worked for Mr. Barker as a legal intern since 2013. She has experience in Bankruptcy, Family Law, Probate, and Conservatorship. While in law school, Andrea worked as a summer extern for Legal Aid in Lewiston Idaho during 2012, and worked in the University of Idaho Immigration Law Clinic during 2013.
In her free time she enjoys playing soccer, camping, and spending time with her family.